This Foundation Level course is based upon and is a continuation of the preceding Discovery Level course. This Foundation course has it own new syllabus and takes you further along the path as a yoga teacher.
The three week Foundation course, combined with the one week Discovery course qualifies you for the international Yoga Alliance 200 hour registration. When you have successfully completed both courses you may register with the YA and professionally use the letters RYT200 after your name.
This Course is based on the unique Knoff Yoga Principles of:
- Cardinal Directions
- Earth/Heaven Extension
- Spiralic Action
- Reciprocal Inhibition
- Body Proportions
- Creating Space
- Balancing Ha/Tha
- Synchronizing Breath & Movement
- Balancing Strength & Flexibility
- Effortless Effort
- Five Elements
The Foundation Asana, Pranayama & Meditation syllabus consists of:
- Earth & Sun Salutations
- 4 Inverted Poses (heating)
- 9 Standing Poses
- 2 Arm Balancings
- 7 Forward Bends
- 5 Sitting Poses
- 2 Abdominals
- 3 Twists
- 6 Backbends
- 4 Inverted Poses (cooling)
- 9 Pranayama
- Breath focused Meditation
The Anatomy & Physiology covers the basics of movement, muscles and bones and is taught with direct application to the yoga postures. The Philosophy looks at What Is Yoga, Ten Fundamental Principles of Yoga, In Praise of the Philosophical Life, Why Study Yoga, Philosophy, The Seven Steps of Psychospiritual Maturation, A Bird’s-Eye View of the History of Yoga, and Yoga Sutras Chanting.
Combined with the Discovery syllabus, you now have enough information, knowledge and skills to teach yoga competently and successfully for many years to come.
Your certification only allows you to teach what is specifically prescribed in this course. When you are ready to learn more and broaden your knowledge base, we have another 7 Levels of Teacher Training waiting.
Students who do not wish to teach may also attend the course to intensively deepen their practice and grow their yoga knowledge.
You will receive a Teacher Training Workbook, Foundation Asana Manual and a Foundation Teaching Certificate (if you pass the course).
To join the Foundation Course, you are required to have successfully completed the Level 1 – Discovery Course. Please see HOW TO APPLY in this brochure for full details of the application process.
When you satisfactorily complete the course requirements, you will be awarded with the professional credential of a ‘Teaching Certificate’ Level 3 – Foundation. Otherwise, you will be awarded with a ‘Statement of Attendance’, providing you attend all classes and complete all assignments.
The Level 3 – Foundation Teacher Training certificate is valid for 3 years. For renewal information see www.knoffyoga.com under Yoga Teacher Training/
On completion of this three-week intensive course, students/teacher trainees have the opportunity to study other Knoff Yoga courses.
- It is a requirement of this course to observe and/or assist a minimum of 4 public classes before the Graduation Ceremony.
- Preparation reading of your Teacher Training Handbook is required for some of the Practicum components. This Manual will be provided to you on the first day of the course.
- You must attend the entire course in order to graduate.
- You must attend the Graduation Ceremony on the last afternoon of the course to receive your Teaching Certificate.
- Light on Yoga – B.K.S. Iyengar
- Scientific Keys Volume 1: The Key Muscles of Yoga – Ray Long
- Yoga Philosophy & History Manual – Georg Feuerstein
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Workbook & CD – Vyaas Houston
- The Heart of Yoga – T.K.V. Desikachar
These books can be purchased online via www.knoffyoga.com or at The Yoga
School in Cairns.
RECOMMENDED ANATOMY APPS
By ‘Visible Body’:
- Muscle Premium
- Skeleton Premium
- Human Anatomy Atlas
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the online Application Form under the ‘Yoga Teacher Training’ tab on our website www.knoffyoga.com.
You can also download the print version and send to:
The Program Director, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (07) 4053 5004.
We will send you an email that your Application has been approved.
Once your application has been approved a non-refundable deposit of $400 is required to secure your place.
A 10% early-bird discount is offered if the full discounted fee of $2,691 is paid six weeks before the course, by 21st November 2015 (see refund policy below).
Otherwise the full fee is AUD $2,990 **This fee covers all tuition, Teacher Training
Handbook, Foundation Manual and your Teaching Certificate.
Method of Payment
Once your application has been approved by Nicky Knoff, a non-refundable deposit of $400 is required to secure your place.
Any outstanding balance of the Course Fee is to be paid 30 days before the course, by 3rd December 2015 unless other arrangements have been agreed to.
For national Internet banking, make payment to: Knoff Yoga, BSB 034-664, Account Number 168549 (with your Surname, Cairns L3 T/T as ID).
For international money transfers, make payment to: Knoff Yoga: Westpac Bank, Cairns Central Shop 117, Cairns Central Shopping Centre, Cairns, Queensland,
Australia 4870. Australia Branch Number 034-664, Account Number 168549, SWIFT Code wpcau2s.
- Payment of the Early-Bird discounted Course Fees are non-refundable but may be transferred to another Course providing it is attended within 12 months.
In all other cases:
- Up to 31 days prior to the start of the course – full refund of your payment less non-refundable deposit.
- Within 30 days prior to the start of the course – no refund, but you may transfer your full payment (including deposit) to another Knoff Yoga Teacher Training
Course, providing it is done within 12 months.
- Once the course has started – no refund or credits on any payment, partial or full.
- If the course does not proceed – 100% refund including deposit.
Note: To obtain a refund, all course materials must be returned to Knoff Yoga.
If attending from interstate or overseas, we advise you to obtain Travel Insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
Yoga Alliance Registration
Knoff Yoga is an officially Registered Yoga School 200, 300 & 500 Hours, with the Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org).
This three week Level 3 – Foundation Course, combined with the one week Level 1
– Discovery Course, is registered with the Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) for
200-hour Yoga Teacher registration. With this international registration you are able to use the letters RYT200 (Registered Yoga Teacher) after your name for professional purposes.
Special Offers for Certificated Teachers
- Join the Knoff Yoga Association for time & cost savings:
Plan B – Become a Knoff Yoga System Teacher
For less than $2 per week, this membership allows you to get straight into teaching using the fully set-up Knoff Yoga System. We provide you with the copyrighted syllabus, teaching materials, forms, weekly themes & use of our logo for advertising media. In addition, you will have access to continuing online support & updates via our online Member Sign-in.
see our website www.knoffyoga.com
- Certificated Teachers can be included on our website.
- We publish a monthly e-newsletter to help with your on-going education.
- Apply to become a Knoff Yoga System
- Upgrade your Teacher Certification through our 9 Levels of Teacher Training.
- Join our workshops and retreats at our Cairns headquarters, throughout Australia & overseas.
- Obtain Yoga Alliance international registration.
WHAT TO BRING & WEAR
The Knoff Yoga School supplies all yoga equipment, including top quality mats for your use at the school. You will need to bring a yoga mat for any home practice.
Be sure to bring a sarong or shawl to cover you during relaxation and to wear during meditation and pranayama. Please also bring your own towel.
Wear shorts or tights and a close fitting t-shirt or singlet. Loose or baggy clothing interferes with your teacher’s (and your) ability to see your body and its movements. Jewellery and valuables should not be brought to class. This includes navel rings, nipple rings and other piercings.
Please no perfumes or deodorants. There is a shower at The Yoga School for your use.
It is essential to have short fingernails.
The course is held at The Yoga School, located at Suite 14, 159-161 Pease St,Cairns. Type our address into www.airbnb.com.au to help you find accommodation close by. Cairns is a relatively flat city surrounded by beautiful hills and a bicycle is great for getting around.
ABOUT KNOFF YOGA
At Knoff Yoga we believe that the rationale or purpose of practicing yoga is to experience freedom in the body and mind through the creation of strong, flexible, healthy, and disciplined individuals.
Master Teachers Nicky Knoff and James E. Bryan have refined the Knoff Yoga System drawing on over 70 years of combined experience and through direct study with the Masters of Iyengar Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Bikram Yoga.
Today the Knoff Yoga System is taught to teacher trainees and students across the globe, in countries as diverse as Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Taiwan, the
Czech Republic, Germany and Austria.
ABOUT THE KNOFF YOGA SYSTEM
The Knoff Yoga System is an intelligent and dynamic program that focuses on practical detail and simplicity. It offers all students a clear understanding of every facet of yoga and caters for every level of yoga practice and teaching.
The Knoff Yoga System incorporates the most up to date and thoroughly researched teaching programs available today. The key focus of the Knoff Yoga System is to ensure correct anatomical alignment of the human body, structural balance and energetic application of yoga techniques.
All Knoff Yoga System techniques honour and recognize the individuality of every student and are adjusted for individual body shapes and proportions.
CORE VALUES OF THE KNOFF YOGA SYSTEM
The Knoff Yoga System is built on the following values:
- The Individual – we practice and teach in step-by-step progression. We honour and respect the individuality of every student and adjust our practice and teaching for body proportions and capability.
- Ongoing Education – we understand that for the long-term well-being of yourself and your students, education is as important as exercise.
- Positive Communication – we understand that for a yoga teacher to cultivate the right environment for learning, they must use positive communication with constructive encouragement.
- Strong Ethics – we adhere to a strong ethical framework, which is enshrined in the Knoff Yoga Code of Conduct.
Knoff Yoga proudly delivers 9 Levels of Teacher Training, from Discovery to Master.
More information is available on our website www.knoffyoga.com
Level 1 – Discovery
Level 2 – Chair Yoga
Level 3 – Foundation
Level 4 – Pregnancy Yoga
Level 5 – Yoga Therapy A
Level 6 – Yoga Therapy B
Level 7 – Intermediate
Level 8 – Advanced
Level 9 – Master
All our course levels cover a comprehensive syllabus including:
- Teaching Methodology
- Philosophy, Ethics & Yogic Lifestyle
- Anatomy & Physiology