As a yoga teacher you will be in a position of great responsibility to represent the Path of Yoga. Whether you want it or not, your students will look up to you as an example of what yoga represents.
“You must be the change you want to see in the world”
As a certificated Knoff Yoga teacher, I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following Code of Conduct:
- ·Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Uphold the integrity of the yoga vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Teach only the appropriate Asana, Pranayama and Meditation for which you are certificated.
- Acknowledge the limitations of your skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, shall refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Actively encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religious affiliations or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid works and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Adhere to all local government and national laws that pertain to yoga teaching and business.
- To stay abreast of new developments in the field of Yoga through educational activities and study.